Our TVs are supplied with a product warranty for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase. Any defect caused by faulty materials or workmanship will be repaired free of charge where possible during this period by Finlux. If a repair is not possible, the product will be replaced free of charge or a refund will be given.
A couple of points to note about warranties:
• Under the terms of the warranty, the product must be solely used for domestic purposes only, and therefore does not cover commercial use.
• The warranty cannot be transferred to a 3rd party. If the TV does need a repair, then we would only be able to deal with the purchaser of the product.
With the exception of Sonorous furniture, all accessories are supplied with a twelve month product warranty. Sonorous furniture is supplied with a five year guarantee – for more information contact Sonorous directly.
The product warranty is for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase.
During this period and where possible, Finlux will repair, free of charge, any defect caused by faulty materials or workmanship. If a repair is not possible, the product will be replaced free of charge or a refund will be given.
This guarantee is subject to the following provisions:
• The guarantee does not cover accidental damage, misuse, cabinet parts, knobs or consumable items
• The product must be correctly installed and operated in accordance with the instructions in the manual provided
• The product must be used solely for domestic purposes in the UK only.
• The guarantee will be invalid if the product is re-sold or has been damaged by inexpert repair.
And below are the terms of the warranty:
The manufacturer disclaims any liability for incidental or consequential damages. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not diminish, your statutory or legal rights.
• This Warranty does not extend to loss, liquid ingression, theft, vermin or insect infestation.
• This warranty does not cover damage caused by:
• Misuse or abusive use of any Finlux consumer product
• Incorrect operation, or not following the operating instructions (as stated in the Product Instruction Manual)
• Improper installation
• Failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product
• Incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections
• Use of non-authorised/non-standard parts
• Password setting/resetting and virus infection
• Repair or other work carried out on the Finlux consumer product other than by authorised Finlux service personnel.
• This Warranty does not cover service costs for the replacement and maintenance of consumable parts, which have stopped working through normal wear and tear. This includes, but is not limited to, parts classifiable as consumer parts.
• This Warranty does not cover any Finlux branded consumer product installed in a moveable dwelling. Note that the performance of the product may be affected if it is installed in a caravan or other such moveable dwelling.
• This warranty does not cover Finlux consumer products, which do not bear the original manufacturer’s factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered). This applies even if you make a claim while the product is still under warranty.
This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data no matter how the loss is caused. You are responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. The guarantee is only valid when accompanied by proof of purchase. If the serial number is defaced, missing or illegible, the warranty is null and void.
In the event of a problem with the product within the guarantee period, please contact our Customer Service Team. Please ensure you have the model number, reference number and your order number to hand.
If you purchased an extended warranty before February 2018, please see below for terms and condidtions. Our warranties are supplied by Safeguard, administered by UK Warranties Limited.
SafeGuard Warranty Terms & Conditions
DEFINITIONS The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this document in bold.
Administrator / We / Us / Our- Corporate Support Solutions Ltd, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-street, County Durham, DH3 3SY for queries relating to the issue of Your Service Agreement and to report details of any claim.
Callout- The attendance of an engineer to Your Home during normal working hours (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday).
Claim Limit- Your Service Agreement provides unlimited claims up to the original purchase price of the Product.
Home- The property situated in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, detailed on Your Service Agreement.
Mechanical/Electrical Breakdown- The actual and sudden mechanical / electrical failure or breakdown which results in the sudden stoppage of the Product normal functions and which necessitates repair to resume those functions. Failure or breakdown that ultimately results from wear and tear is excluded from the scope of cover afforded by this Service Agreement.
Product- As detailed on the Service Agreement, cover only extends to the Product detailed on Your Service Agreement.
Service Agreement- Contains details of You and the Product.
Warranty Period- The duration period noted on Your Service Agreement.
You / Your- The person named on the Service Agreement.
Your SafeGuard Warranty provides cover against Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown of the Product identified on Your Service Agreement. Cover includes parts, labour and callout charges (inc VAT) during normal working hours (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday) subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of Your Warranty.
It is vital to obtain cover under Your SafeGuard Warranty in the event of a claim that You contact the Administrator by telephone on
0870 787 1089 or by fax 0191 3870784. Please provide the Administrator with as much information about what has happened as soon as possible.
Please have with You at the time of reporting the fault
Claims are only valid where authority has been issued by the Administrator or their appointed engineer.
a) adverse weather conditions.
b) industrial disputes (official or not).
c) failure of the public transport system (including the road network) and repair thereto.
d) other circumstances preventing access to Your Home or otherwise making provision of cover impractical.
a) decline cover if, in Our opinion, Your Home or services have not been maintained in a safe or serviceable condition.
b) decide on the most appropriate means of providing cover, although We will take Your wishes into account whenever possible.
c) settle any claim on a proportionate basis if You have any other insurance covering the same loss or damage.
d) void the Service Agreement in its entirety if any misrepresentation or concealment of material facts is made by You or anyone acting on Your behalf.
- if You submit a claim knowing it to be false, fraudulent or a misrepresentation,
- if We replace the Product following a valid claim.
We hope You are happy with the cover this Service Agreement provides. However, if after reading this document, this Service Agreement does not meet with Your requirements, please return it to the Administrator within 45 days and We will arrange to cancel.
The Administrator may at any time cancel this document by sending 14 days notice to you at your last known address.
It is the intention to give You the best possible service but if You do have any questions or concerns about this Service Agreement or the handling of a claim You should contact the Managing Director of the Administrator. The contact details are:
The Managing Director, Corporate Support Solutions Ltd, Picktree Court, Picktree Lane, Chester-le-street, County Durham DH3 3SY.
Please ensure Your Warranty number is quoted in all correspondence to assist a quick and efficient response.
Please note that any information provided to Us will be processed by Us and Our agents in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to third parties.